1. If the number of resistances are connected in series then the equivalent resistance is
(C) remain same.
(D) none of the above.
2. Which of the following is not a passive component?
(D) None of the above.
3. Which of the following is an active component?
4. The wire wound resistor are formed by the winding wire of
(C) manganin or eureka.
(D) copper or aluminium.
5. The resistance of armature winding depends on
(A) length of conductor.
(B) cross-sectional area of the conductor.
(C) number of conductors.
(D) all of the above.
6. Heat in a conductor is produced on the passage of electric current due to
7. The insulation on a current carrying conductor is provided
(A) to prevent leakage of current.
(B) to prevent shock.
(C) both of above factors.
(D) none of above factors.
8. A 40 W bulb is connected in series with a room heater. If now 40 W bulb is replaced by 100 W bulb, the heater output will
(C) remain same.
(D) heater will burn out.
9. Two bulbs of 500 W and 200 W rated at 250 V will have resistance ratio as
(A) 5 : 2.
(B) 2 : 5.
(C) 3 : 2.
(D) 2 : 3.
10. When one leg of parallel circuit is opened out the total current will
(D) become zero.
11. Ohm’s law is not applicable to
(A) linear circuits.
(B) vacuum tubes.
(C) carbon resistors.
(D) high voltage circuits.
12. Lenz’s law is a consequence of the law of coservation of
13. A real current source has
(A) infinite internal resistance.
(B) Zero internal resistance.
(C) large internal resistance.
(D) small internal resistance.
14. All good conductors have high
(D) thermal conductivity.
15. Voltage dependent resistors are usually made from
(B) silicon carbide.
« BACK NEXT »