What is flyback transformer?

DWQA QuestionsCategory: TransformerWhat is flyback transformer?
Ranital asked 6 years ago
1 Answers
How Engineering Works Staff answered 6 years ago

A flyback transformer (FBT), also called a line output transformer (LOPT), is a special type of electrical transformer. It was initially designed to generate high voltage sawtooth signals at a relatively high frequency. In modern applications, it is used extensively in switched-mode power supplies for both low (3 V) and high voltage (over 10 kV) supplies.

You can also Read :
Interview Questions
MCQ or objective