1. Parallel resonant circuit is sometime called as
(a) acceptor circuit.
(b) capactive circuit.
(c) inductive circuit.
(d) rejector circuit.
2. When short circuit, current flow in circuit will
(b) Very Low.
3. In the power system, under the conditions of maximum power transfer, the efficiency is nearly
(a) 0 %.
(b) 50 %.
(c) 100 %.
4. The flow of dc current through an inductor is effected at the time of
(a) turning on.
(b) turning off.
(c) both turning on and off.
(d) none of the above.
5. In a loss free R-L-C circuit the transient current will be
(a) square wave.
(b) triangular wave.
(c) direct current.
6. In a parallel resonant circuit, the current through capacitor is
(b) less than line current.
(c) equal to line current.
(d) more than line current.
7. Property of an electrical circuit that dissipates electric energy
8. Which of the following element provides protection against overload
9. Which of the following does not refer to electrical energy
(a) volt × ampere.
(c) watt × second.
(d) volt × coulomb.
10. The internal conductance of an ideal current source is
(c) equal to internal resistance.
(d) equal to external conductance.
11. Charge in the capacitor is stored at the
12. When Q-factor of a circuit is high, then
(a) power factor of the circuit is high.
(b) impedence of the circuit is high.
(c) bandwidth is large.
(d) none of these.
13. When a capacitor is connected in parallel to an highly inductive circuit, the phase angle will
(c) remain same.
14. The current through an inductor follows
(a) a linear growth.
(b) a linear decay.
(c) an exponential growth.
(d) an exponential decay.
15. Which of the following circuit is also called anti-resonant circuit?
(a) Series resonant circuit.
(b) Parallel resonant circuit.
(c) High frequency circuit.
(d) Low frequency circuit.